Sunday, April 24, 2011
Gold Medal Recipes
Here are two recipes from the Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour bag.
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. quick cooking oats
1 1/2 c. Unbleached Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans.)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 Deg. F.
2. In a bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg on medium until well blended.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add mixture to wet ingredients.
4. Fold in oatmeal.
5. Stir in chips and nuts.
6. On ungreased cookie heets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool slightly on sheet.
9. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks (a spatula works very well for this job.)
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Glorious Morning Muffins
2 eggs (room temperature)
3/4 c. corn oil
1/4 c. organic milk
2 tsp. Bourbon Vanilla Extract
2 c. unbleached flour
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
1 c. shredded peeled apple (or dried apple diced)
1/2 c. organic, unsweetened coconut, shredded
1/2 c. golden raisins (softened)
3/4 c. sliced almonds (toasted is excellent)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 deg. F.
2. Either grease or line with baking cups, 18 regular muffin cups. If greasing, use real butter.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla until mixed.
4. In another bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Stir dry into wet until just moistened, by hand with a whisk.
6. With a spatula, stir in carrots, apple, coconut raisins and 1/2 c. of the almonds.
7. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
8. Sprinkle remaining almonds over batter.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes. or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool 5 minutes.
11. Remove from pan, allow to cool on wire rack.
Makes 18 muffins.