Friday, April 8, 2011
Gold Medal Buttermilk Biscuits
This is a recipe off the Gold Medal Self Rising Flour bag. I made them this morning for my Dad. I put apples, cinnamon, sugar and a dot of butter in the scraps after I rolled them thin, making a rectangle, then folding it over, and crimping it closed with a fork. The dumplings were baked at 400 Deg. for 15 min.
Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 c. Gold Medal Self-Rising Flour
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
1 c. buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 450 deg. F.
2. In a bowl, lightly whisk together flour, sugar and baking soda.
3. Cut in shortening.
4. Knead 5-6 times until it just comes together.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick.
6. Cut with biscuit cutter
7. Place on ungreased sheet.
8. Bake 10-12 min. until golden brown.
Serve with butter and honey or sausage gravy.