Sunday, May 10, 2009
Blackberry Cream Scones
Modifying a scone recipe in "America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook".
2 c. AP Flour plus extra for the counter
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch cubes and chilled.
1 cup fresh black berries
1 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 450 deg. F
Combine sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Cut butter in.
2. Add the berries. It may get sticky!
3. Stir in the cream until the dough begins to form.
4. Knead on a counter. It will be a sticky ball.
5. Press into a 9 inch cake pan.
6. Turn it out and cut into 8 wedges.
7. Place the wedges on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake until they are light brown. 12-15 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minues.
They were best plain, without butter, jam or cream cheese.