Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Today I baked a peach cobbler pie.  First I peeled 3-4 large ripe peaches.  Then I combined 1 table spoon of corn starch with 1/4 cup of cool water.  I stirred it until the corn starch was dissolved.  Then I added 1/2 cup of organic granulated sugar.  To that I added 1 tsp of vanilla and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  I also added a dash of salt to the fruit.  I put all of this into a sauce pan and brought that slowly to a boil, stirring, until thick.  I placed the fruit into a large deep pie dish.

I prepared a buttermilk biscuit topping.  Spooned the topping onto the fruit.  Then I baked it at 350 deg. F. for 40 min.  After 40 minutes I brushed the top with butter and sprinkled turbinado sugar on the top.  I baked it on a covered cookie sheet to prevent spills from burning in the oven.

Its a very rustic look.  In retrospect, I could have rolled out the biscuit, but whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment